Solar power can eliminate your electric bill and increase your home’s value, all while reducing your carbon footprint. Plus with the 30% tax credit and $0-down loan options, there's never been a better time to GO SOLAR!
THE BENEFITS OF GOING SOLAR:
- It's cheaper than you think! More and more, folks are realizing that they can easily enjoy the money-saving benefits of solar thanks to the 30% federal tax credit, low installation prices, and the option for $0-down, fixed-rate loan options.
- Electric Bills Disappear. You can greatly reduce or completely eliminate your electric bill by going solar. You own your home, why not own your power? Especially if by continuing to rent from the utility company, you remain exposed to inevitable rate hikes.
- Years of Free Energy! Average solar systems are paid off in 7-8 years. Which means you can enjoy years of free energy during the panel's 25 year warranty.
- Now Is The Best Time. The 30% federal tax credit is still in place, which greatly reduces the cost and improves the return on your solar power investment. Plus, our prices remain virtually unaffected by the solar tariff. So Going Solar is still as cheap as ever!
- You Can Even Make Money. Any excess power that your solar system generates can be sold back to the utility company via net metering.
- Homes Sell Faster. Solar energy is one of the best home "remodel" investments you can make. Surveys show that for every $1,000 saved in utility bills per year, approximately $20,000 is added to a home's value. Plus studies have found that homes with solar sell twice as fast as similar homes in the same neighborhood, along with homebuyers being willing to pay more for them because of the solar.
- You're Buffered Against Rate Hikes. Energy rates in La Plata Electric Association’s service area have increased 5% annually, on average, for the last twenty years. LPEA’s power supplier, Tri-State Energy, has projected that rates could increase as much as 8-9% per year in the future. Install a system now and never worry about rate hikes again.
Create your own energy independence. Producing and owning your own power empowers you personally, and reduces our country’s dependence on fossil fuel sources.
Protect the environment by producing your own clean energy. The fossil fuels that are most commonly used to generate electricity produce toxic emissions that pollute our environment and contribute to climate change. These sources, primarily coal and natural gas, are rapidly being depleted and will become increasingly expensive. Solar power is a truly clean and renewable energy source. The average solar powered home will reduce almost five metric tons of carbon pollution a year, which is equivalent to the savings from not driving your car for an entire year, or planting 122 trees!
Take advantage of financial incentives. The federal government offers a 30% tax credit, which greatly reduces the cost, and improves the return of your solar power investment.
It's Easier Than You Think!
Free Site Visit
We take a look at your roof and energy usage to determine how many panels you'll need. We then generate a proposal - at no cost to you - detailing your custom design and its cost. It will also show energy savings over time, return on investment, and payment options.
If you decide to move forward, a small deposit is all we need. Typical installs only take 2-4 days and are non-invasive. Just a few of our installation crew members and one of our trucks.
BONUS: We handle all the permitting and you secure a loan should you decide to finance your system.
(more on that HERE)
Once your installation is complete, we schedule the final inspections and help you activate your system. We'll also set you up with a monitoring tool that allows you to track your systems health and performance.
With your system up and running, simply sit back, relax and enjoy the fact that you are taking advantage of our sunny Southwest skies, increasing your home's value and buffering yourself from future rate hikes.
The Products We Use
The main components for any solar PV installation are the solar panels and the inverter - which converts the DC electricity from the panels to AC for your home & the grid.
Having worked with a variety of solar products over the last 20 years, we have some very specific ideas about which ones work well together - and which ones don’t.
When we select the appropriate panel and inverter combination for your installation, our goal is to find the most efficient and cost-effective setup available given your roof space. And if your criteria includes American-Made, we can provide that option as well.
We only install panels that have been tested to the highest standards, have a proven track record when it comes to reliability, and are warranted to produce at least 80% of its rated power after 25 years.
If you have plenty of roof space, we'll select a high quality panel that will not only work well, but may also save you money. If your roof space is limited we'll suggest a higher efficiency panel to maximize your solar yield.
With no moving parts, there is little likelihood you'll need to make a warranty claim. But we'll both feel better selecting a company that will still be around in 25 years. Which is why we also only use diversified manufacturers that have been in business for many years and are rated as Tier 1.
Shaw Solar works closely with a number of inverter manufacturers, including SMA, Solar Edge, and Enphase. These are all manufactured in the USA, and SMA inverters for the US market are manufactured in Denver.
Get Your Free Solar Evaluation
Find out how much solar can save you
What's include in the evaluation: a roof assessment, a customized system design, and a calculation of your savings and return on investment, plus a breakdown of payment options. No hassle, no commitment.